If you have questions, call (256) 265-5016.
- Greeting patients and helping with registration
- Delivering flowers and cards to patients
- Greeting and helping patients in the Imaging and Surgery Waiting Areas
- Supporting hospital staff
- Transporting patients
- Working in the Gift Shop
Summer Youth Volunteer Program
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Madison Hospital! Joining our Summer Youth Program gives you the opportunity to learn about the hospital, help your community and discover your own interests in the health care field.
This program is offered exclusively during the summer months for high school students 15 – 18 years old. Students graduating in May can apply as an adult volunteer by downloading the adult application above.
- At least 15 years old by June 1, 2020
- A or A/B average in high school core classes
- Available to work one 3-hour or 4-hour volunteer shift per week for 8 weeks
(2 absences are permitted)
- Must attend orientation
- All volunteers must receive a tuberculosis screening prior to service (offered at the hospital for free)
Timeline for the Summer Youth Volunteer Program:
- February 20, 2020 - Application now available for download
- April 3, 2020 - Applications due
- May 7, 2020 – Orientation
- June 1, 2020 - Program begins
- July 31, 2020 - Program concludes