Patients & Visitors
We have policies and procedures in place to help you and your family work with our doctors, nurses and staff to get the most from your hospital stay. Please take a few minutes to review these guidelines with your loved ones. For a complete list of information, view our online Patient Guide.
General Medicine Units
10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
See your nurse for more information on ICU visiting
guidelines or page 8 of the patient guide.
We encourage visitors for emotional support and recovery. To provide a restful and safe
environment, we ask that all visitors comply with the following guidelines:
- Observe “No Visiting” and precaution signs before entering the room.
- Please clean your hands upon entering the room.
- Be considerate of other patients by keeping noise to a minimum, especially at night.
- Refrain from visiting if you have a cold, sore throat or any contagious disease.
- Do not smoke anywhere on Madison Hospital property.
- Respect the patient’s privacy by leaving the room during tests or treatments if asked.
- All visitors should remain in the patient room or in designated waiting areas. For patient comfort and
safety, please keep the hallways clear.
Parking - Free parking is available throughout the Madison Hospital campus. No unattended vehicles are allowed in the drop off areas at the main entrance or emergency department entrance.
Telephone - To call a patient room directly dial (256) 265-5### (the room number). For patient or general hospital information call (256) 265-2012. View our online phone directory.
Cell Phones - Due to the possibility of interference with medical equipment, the use of cell phones is not allowed in the intensive care unit. Cell phones are otherwise permitted. For the comfort and privacy of our patients, please use discretion when talking on the phone.
Tobacco Products - The use of cigarettes or smokeless tobacco is not permitted
anywhere in the hospital or on Madison Hospital campus. There are no designated tobacco use areas.
Cafeteria - A variety of food selections are available in the Garden Cafe & Grille on the lobby level, 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The coffee bar is open from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Vending Machines & Snacks - Vending machines offering beverages and snacks are located near the emergency department on lobby level. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Grab-N-Go snacks
are available in the Gift Shop on lobby level, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Gift Shop - Lobby level, open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily. Proceeds from the Gift Shop
are donated back to Madison Hospital through the Volunteer Auxiliary to assist the
needs of our patients.
If you would like a chaplain to visit you, please notify your caregiver or dial 5-2012 from any patient room. From off campus, a chaplain can be requested by calling (256) 265-2012. A Chapel is located on lobby level near the emergency department waiting area.
Wireless Internet Service
Madison Hospital patients and guests may use personal devices equipped with a Wi-Fi compliant Ethernet card.
ATM - For your convenience, an automated teller machine (ATM) is located in the vending area near the emergency department.
Patient and Family Concerns
Our goal is for you to have an excellent experience during your stay. If at any time you have a question or concern you may:
- Press the call button to speak with your nurse.
- Ask to speak with your Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager.
- If your needs remain unmet, contact the Patient/Family Representative at (256) 265-2421,
Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. All voicemail messages are returned promptly.
- If further assistance is required, please ask your Charge Nurse to contact the Administrative Supervisor.
- Written correspondence may be sent to:
Madison Hospital Customer Service
101 Sivley Road
Huntsville, AL 35801
Or via our website at madisonALhospital.org
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.